Futurpreneur Canada is looking for 25 of Canada’s best and brightest to represent our country at this year’s 2017 G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance (YEA) Summit in Berlin, Germany from June 15-17, 2017.
The G20 YEA Summit is an unforgettable international experience. Over four action-packed days, including one day of optional pre-summit activities, 25 delegates from across Canada will participate in a variety of business-building, policy-making and networking activities alongside 500+ young entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial leaders from across the G20 countries.
The Summit, themed Digitalization, will feature:
- High-profile keynote speakers
- Breakout sessions, panel discussions and focus groups
- Innovative report launches with Accenture and EY
- Networking opportunities and receptions
Optional pre-Summit activity organized by Futurpreneur Canada may include:
- Incubator, accelerator and tech-park visits
- Meetings at the Canadian Embassy with the trade commissioner service
- B2B meetings with German businesses, entrepreneurs and investors
Become an Entrepreneurial Leader and Ambassador
Your role as a G20 YEA delegate goes beyond the Summit. As a G20 YEA delegate, you will become part of a cross-Canada network of champions for youth entrepreneurship representing the interests of young entrepreneurs, advising on issues of importance, and sharing challenges and proposing solutions. This includes the opportunity to engage with stakeholders and media, and to participate in government relations efforts to advance the G20 YEA recommendations.
- Act as a champion for youth entrepreneurship both within Canada and abroad
- Represent the interests of young entrepreneurs
- Engage with various stakeholders and media on a local level to discuss issues identified by the G20 YEA and via Futurpreneur Canada and to share findings from related reports
- Delegates must coordinate a minimum of 2 media articles/appearances (January -December 2017)
- Delegates must schedule at least 2 meetings with leaders in the entrepreneurship community and/or elected officials (January -December 2017)
- Arrange visits to local schools, Chambers of Commerce, Boards of Trade, with local politicians etc. to share your experience and learnings
- Delegates must arrange at least 1 visit to present their learnings (June -December 2017)
- Participate in 1 pre-summit training session (Date is TBD)
- 18-39 years old
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Business owner, co-founder and/or majority shareholder of a Canadian business that has been in operation for at least 2 years* or a leader in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Able to communicate in English
- Familiar with the challenges facing young entrepreneurs
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a strong interest in entrepreneurship policy
- Able to cover all costs associated with participating as a delegate**
- Has not attended all three of the most recent G20 YEA Summits (Beijing 2016, Istanbul 2015 and Sydney 2014)
Please note that only 1 person may apply per company/organization.
*Exceptions may be made for businesses that have been operating for less than 2 years where the applicant can demonstrate significant business growth (preferably global).
**We anticipate that the approximate total cost to participate in the Summit will be $3,000 CAD (flight, hotel and Summit registration fee). An additional $200 CAD non-refundable fee payable to Futurpreneur Canada is required to confirm a spot on the Canadian delegation. This fee will be used towards costs related to delegation coordination, training and activities in Berlin.
Applications for the 2017 delegation closed on February 15th, 2017. If you reside in Atlantic Canada or Manitoba and would like to apply past the deadline, please email Amanda Filipe at email@example.com
General questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org