2017 ThriveNorth Business Challenge Categories:
- Best New Business (18-28 years old): a business at any stage prior to launch, by an entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 28
- Best New Business (29-39 years old): a business at any stage prior to launch, by an entrepreneur between the ages of 29 and 39
- Best Growth Opportunity (18-39 years old): a business currently in operations looking to expand through increased staff, new locations or new products and services
The semifinals will take place between May 1-2 in Terrace and May 3-4 in Prince Rupert. The finals will be held in Prince Rupert on May 17 and 18, 2017.
While all applicants will be given the opportunity to take part in online pitch training, semi-finalists and finalists will receive exclusive resources and one-on-one coaching to make their pitch even stronger. Winners from each category will receive $10,000, and there will also be audience award worth $5,000.
Questions about the application process?
Contact Katy Carr (250-639-4633) during office hours on Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m. PST.
Congratulations to the winners and runners-up of the 2016 ThriveNorth Business Challenge!
Best New Business
- Winner: Bobby Middleton, The Saw Shack, Terrace - $10,000
- Runner-up: Jill Whitfield, Repose, Terrace - $2,500
Best New Social Enterprise
- Winner: Heather Bohn, Our Roots, Terrace - $10,000
- Runner-up: Andrea Pollock, Island Sugar, Prince Rupert - $2,500
Best Growth Opportunity
- Winner: Kristine Ewald and Simone Crook, Transcend Fitness, Terrace - $10,000
- Runner-up: Johanne Chaine, Peoples Pharmacy, Terrace - $2,500
Thank you to all the outstanding young and emerging entrepreneurs who participated in the 2016 ThriveNorth Business Challenge and to everyone in the community that showed their support for these business owners.