Currently brainstorming a name for your company? Keep these points in mind.
1. Make it unforgettable & unique.
2. Avoid unusual spelling.
3. Make it easy to pronounce & remember – skip the acronyms!
4. Simplicity is key.
5. Make it make sense.
6. Make it reflect what your business is – give customers a clue!
7. Ensure it is available – seems simple but this step is commonly overlooked!
8. Match it to a common suffix, ex. .com, .ca – if the domain is not available, choose a different name.
9. Avoid names that tie the company to a specific location or product line – you may want to expand your company or product line at a later time.
10. Test it out – ask potential customers, not family or friends, what they think.