Archive, Marketing & Sales | February 14, 2011
Doing your own public relations? Here are a few tips to get you headed in the right direction.
1. Always personalize your pitch.
2. Understand your audience and that blog’s audience. Are they the same?
3. Provide sample product for the journalist to review and/or give to readers, listeners, viewers.
4. Befriend the journalist on a professional level. Read: drop intellectual comments on their posts or @reply them with something of value.
5. Be sure to follow up.
6. Join the media! Become a blogger yourself and learn what it’s like to be on the other side of the table. Apply what you learn to your PR strategy.
7. Sell different stories.
For more info, check out 7 PR Tips for Entrepreneurs Young and Old.