Written By: Cathy Yeomans, Imagine Public Relations, White Rock, BC, email@example.com
Failure is something we all face in life. Whether in business or personally, we all have things that don’t quite work out the way we had hoped. Do you let failure push you down or motivate you? Here are five reasons why you should let failure be a motivational catalyst.
1. Count on Failure. The only reason you fail is because you TRIED. Failures are necessary so we can try again, in a different way. Thomas Edison said it perfectly: “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” Edison failed over 1,000 times before he brought us the light bulb. Are you that persistent?
2. Go Easy on Yourself. Don’t beat yourself up so badly that it immobilizes you. Forgiving yourself is part of the process of failure. Just remember that you’re no different than the rest of the human population!
3. Learn from Your Mistake. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Figure out what went wrong and why. Then make the changes necessary to lead you closer to success!
4. It Is Better to Have Tried Than Not at All. Failure is better than regret. If you don’t try, you’ll never know if you could do it. And finding out you CAN just spurs you on to achieve more.
5. Failure Makes You Stronger. When you get comfortable with the notion of failure because of experience, you are often more open to taking risks. It’s when you take the jump and realize the fall wasn’t too far, that you’re open to try again…and maybe from a different angle.
So don’t be discouraged by roadblocks or failure. Consider them opportunities, learning curves and challenges that can be overcome. No one is born an astronaut, doctor, scientist or successful business person. They all started out like you and me. Take the leap, embrace your failure and learn, grow and prosper! Here are some examples of other amazing people who faced failure with great results!