Launch your dream business with support from an expert team with lived experience.
Our team will guide you through all the steps to embark on your business journey—from planning to financing to launch. Our program for Black entrepreneurs age 18-39 provides startup loan financing and up to two years of mentorship, plus access to resources and networking opportunities with fellow entrepreneurs across Canada.
With Diversity & Inclusion as core values, Futurpreneur supports young Canadian entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, helping them launch and grow successful businesses.
We launched this tailored version of our core Startup Program specifically to help address some of the barriers to success faced by many aspiring Black entrepreneurs.
This program is funded by RBC, with additional loan financing from BDC.
- Financing from $5,000 to $60,000 in startup loan financing * (up to $40,000 of which is delivered by Futurpreneur, funded by RBC; and up to $20,000 loaned by BDC)
- Up to two years of 1-1 expert mentorship.
- From our interactive Business Plan Writer to our Cash Flow Template, gain access to the resources you need to succeed.
- Engage with a national network of Black entrepreneurs, leaders and Black-led community organizations at a range of entrepreneurship events
- The opportunity to apply for up to $40,000 in follow-on financing funded by RBC, based on the first two years of successful business performance.
Discover and Learn
Read news, articles and stories about inspiring Black entrepreneurs, leaders and changemakers.
FUTURPRENEUR™ ANNOUNCES NEW FUNDING COLLABORATION WITH RBC TO SUPPORT YOUNG BLACK ENTREPRENEURS ACROSS CANADA, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BDC
The following are the high-level eligibility requirements for the Black Entrepreneur Startup Program:
- Participants must self-identify as Black and be Canadian citizens or permanent residents age 18-39; and
- When there are only two partners (owners) of the applicant business, the business must be majority Black-owned (> 50%); and
- When there are more than two partners (owners), the business must be at least 25% Black-owned (≥25%).
To review our full general eligibility requirements, see this page.
OUR PROGRAM PARTNERS
We thank our program partners for helping us support young Black entrepreneurs across Canada.