Futurpreneur Board members are leaders across a broad variety of sectors, from food wholesale and services to retail and consumer products to education to financial services and lending, and more. Some have founded and led sole proprietorships and small businesses, others have built or are leaders in multi-billion-dollar enterprises.
Nine of our 13 Board members are entrepreneurs – among them, one whose business was launched with Futurpreneur’s start-up support and is now a well-known brand with global sales. Several members have been Futurpreneur mentors.
Board of Director’s demographics:
- Four members (31%) identify as Black, Indigenous, or people of color
- Seven women (54%), five men (38%), and one member who identifies as gender-fluid
- Five members (38%) were under 40 years old when they joined the Board
- Members live in 6 provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec
- One member identifies as LGBTQ+
- No members identify as people living with disabilities
Our Board’s collective experience evolves as members complete their terms and we recruit new members.