G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance: 2014
From July 18-24, 2014, over 400 of the world’s best and brightest young entrepreneurs, leaders and change makers descended on Sydney for the 5th annual edition of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance Summit. Thirteen Canadians were among the young entrepreneurs calling on G20 leaders to reduce youth unemployment and increase growth and productivity by promoting youth entrepreneurship and investing in small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Hosted annually by the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the G20 YEA Summit provides valuable input to government leaders on fostering entrepreneurship, building partnerships and enabling job creation in their countries. Delegates have the opportunity to exchange ideas, build their networks and impact entrepreneurship around the world.
The 2014 Summit was hosted by the Enterprise Network for Young Australians (ENYA) and drew on recent studies and reports from the G20 YEA’s knowledge partners including EY, Accenture and the G20 Research Group at the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto.
Join the G20YEA social media conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information:
Read Futurpreneur Canada’s press releases (here and here)
Read more about the 2014 G20 YES
View the full 2014 G20 YES communiqué
The G20 YEA Canadian delegates for the 2014 G20 YEA Summit – Sydney, Australia:
- Christian Belair, Coalition of the Quebec Youth Chamber of Commerce – Montreal, QC
- Dr. Winston Chan, Dr. Winston Chan Wellness Chiropractic Clinic (www.drwinstonchan.ca) – Montreal, QC
- Alexandre Dumont, Gazon Synthétique Québec (www.gsquebec.com) – Québec City, QC
- Kathryn Fraser, Great Big Solutions Ltd. (www.greatbigsolutions.com) – Edmonton, AB
- Ryan MacIsaac, The Battered Fish (www.thebatteredfish.ca) – Halifax, NS
- Barbara McLean-Stollery, Executive Airways Grooming Services (www.executiveairwaysgrooming.com) – Calgary, AB
- Simon Michaud, Agence Torq (www.agencetorq.com) – Quebec City, QC
- Rebecca Palmer, Simcoe North Fixtures and Packaging (www.simcoenorth.ca) – Barrie, ON
- Lynzie Smith, Amazing Space Interiors (www.amazingspaceInteriors.com) – Halifax, NS
- Aksinia Stavskaya, FIND Staffing Solutions Inc. (www.findstaffingsolutions.com) – Toronto, ON
- Lisa von Sturmer, Growing City (www.growingcity.com) – Vancouver, BC
- Eric Termuende, Gen Y Inc (www.genyinc.com) – Calgary, AB
- Roman Yusfin, BI on the Fly Inc. – Toronto, ON
Leadership from Futurpreneur Canada includes:
- Olivier Letard, past President of PCO Innovation, member of Futurpreneur Canada’s Board of Directors, and Co-President of the G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation
- Marsha Josephs, Director, Government Relations at Futurpreneur Canada and Sherpa of the G20 YEA Summit Canadian delegation