In 2015, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) impacted millions of people in 160 countries through events and competitions that support and inspire entrepreneurship. Thanks to the hard work of our amazing partners, 400 of these events were hosted in Canada!
- Our GEW Canada Ambassadors toured cities across Canada meeting with entrepreneurs, mentors and partners and attending events. Meet your GEW Canada on the Road Ambassadors!
- The town of Whitby, Ontario was singled out as Canada’s top entrepreneurial hot spot, based on the number of events per capita held there during Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), and Ottawa, Ontario was noted for having hosted more GEW events than any other Canadian city.
- The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau released a statement on GEW.
- GEW Canada was all over social media.
- The Global Entrepreneurship Development Institute released an index report ranking Canada in second place amongst 132 countries in entrepreneurial performance.
- The GEW Canada flag was flying high at City Halls across the country. Here’s a great photo of the flag raising ceremony with Winnipeg Mayor Bryan Bowman.