Small business is big – and so are skilled trades
Did you know that 98 percent of Canadian companies employ fewer than 100 employees?
Or that these businesses account for 90%of all jobs in Canada?
Many of these small and medium-sized businesses are in the skilled trades, and this increased demand means it’s a great time to start your own business.
Fast forward your business from start-up to success story with an experienced mentor.
We offer a six-month mentoring opportunity that pairs entrepreneurs aged 18-39 in the skilled trades with an experienced mentor to support them through the early stages of starting their business.
To qualify, entrepreneurs must be:
- working full-time on your business for 0 to 6 months; or
- working part-time on your business for 0 to 12 months; or
- within 0 to 3 months from launch / your first sale.
Mentors guide their mentees through tough challenges, helping to avoid pitfalls and stay focused on what’s important.
Learn Essential Business Skills from a Futurpreneur Canada Expert
We also offer a series of educational workshops that highlight entrepreneurship skills. The workshops are open to people aged 18-39 who have recently started working in the skilled trades or will soon graduate from a program.
Taught by experienced Futurpreneur Canada business development professionals, our workshops cover the essential skills for any successful business owner:
- Basics of entrepreneurship
- Business planning
- Cash flow
If you think you have what it takes to turn your talent into a thriving business, here’s how to get started:
- If you’re in Saskatchewan, sign-up for our mentoring opportunity and/or one of our workshops today
- If you’re in a different region of Canada, visit our Get Started page to learn more about starting your own business with support from Futurpreneur Canada
If you have any questions about mentoring or our workshops please contact us at email@example.com.
Already ready to launch? Visit our Get Started page to register.