BIG news for aspiring small business owners: You could win $10,000 to help launch your start-up!
Futurpreneur and RBC proudly present the RBC Rock My Business Startup Awards, eight awards of $10k each given annually to diverse, young, aspiring entrepreneurs from across Canada, helping kickstart their businesses.
Imagine what $10k could mean for your startup? It could help you develop a website, order supplies, activate your marketing plan, purchase inventory…take it to the next level.
Supported by RBC, the following eight awards of $10,000 each will be given to eligible participants from across Canada:
- Five Youth Entrepreneur Awards for entrepreneurs aged 18 – 29
- One Emerging Black Entrepreneur Award for a Black entrepreneur aged 18 – 39
- One Emerging Indigenous Entrepreneur Award for an Indigenous Entrepreneur aged 18 – 39
- One Emerging Entrepreneur Award for an entrepreneur aged 30 – 39
How to Get an Award
- Check that you meet the eligibility requirements below.
- Attend BOTH the Rock My Business Plan and Rock My Cash Flow workshops during any of five sessions offered between June 7, 2021 and May 6, 2022. Delivered by Futurpreneur, these free, digital workshops teach you the essentials of developing a solid business plan and cash flow statement. Register for the next available workshops today!
- Attend one of the How to Apply to the RBC Rock my Business Startup Awards information sessions or watch the recording here.
- Prepare, refine and submit to Futurpreneur your completed business plan and cash flow statement, along with the application form, by June 1, 2022. Application form shared with participants March 1st, 2022 and May 9, 2022 (this exclusive email will be sent out only to eligible participants).
A diverse panel of RBC business experts will review all entries and choose the award recipients.
Award recipients announced August 2022!
To be considered for the awards, please ensure you meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- Between 18 – 39 years of age.*
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Successful completion of BOTH the Rock My Business Plan and Rock My Cash Flow workshops between June 7, 2021 and May 6, 2022.
- Successful submission of a completed business plan and cash flow statement by June 1, 2022 (following the guidelines and templates provided in the How to Apply to the RBC Rock my Business Startup Awards information session).
- Cannot use the award to repay existing debt; must highlight how the award will be applied to start-up costs.
- Have not received a Futurpreneur Canada start-up loan before June 7, 2021.
- Open to pre-launch businesses (pre-revenue) and part-time or “side hustle” businesses (a business to which you devote fewer than 30 hours a week and from which you earn less than $20k in sales per year); those operating a full-time business prior to June 7, 2021 are not eligible.
- Ineligible businesses include those operating in the following sectors: alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, gambling, gaming, firearms.
*Applicant must be within the age bracket for the award before September 15, 2022. For the Youth Entrepreneur Awards, applicant must be between 18 – 29 years of age.