Launch or grow your side hustle
"The launch of my business was in its final stage, manufacturing the product, and it was thanks to the loan that I was able to fulfill my dream of seeing my board game hit the store shelves!"
-Kevin Bouchard, founder of Viviludi.
What product(s) / service(s) do you offer?
- • Board games
- • I'm also currently working on an offer of fun products other than board games for next year.
- • Board game publishing
- • Mid-November, I’ll be launching an entrepreneurial consulting service.
What made you decide to start your own side hustle?
- o Wanting to be my own boss
- o Wanting to be able to make my own decisions
- o Wanting to build a product from scratch. It's incredibly rewarding to start from a blank page and see your product evolve over time!
- o Wanting to be able to help people like me who want to start their own business, all while being able to do a job that I love. This experience even opens the doors to intrapreneurship as part of my professional experience.
How was the experience with Futurpreneur?
- o Process: Really great! The support made getting started with the process very easy, they made me feel confident from the start!
- o Mentoring : The mentor really helped me a lot regarding alignment and what to consider before making a decision. Even though I wanted a mentor for my one product in the first place, he was also able to guide me through the different service/product offerings I wanted to develop. This experience was very rewarding and even gave me the desire to share my knowledge through the entrepreneurial consulting service I will be launching. I also had the chance to become a mentor in my own right as part of my professional experience.
- Apply for up to $15,000 in loan financing to launch or to help grow your business as much or as little as you like.
- Get matched with an experienced mentor to help you build confidence and tackle your toughest challenges for up to two years.
- Learn key skills like business planning, marketing and cash flow management through our online and in-person business resources.
Futurpreneur Canada is a non-profit organization supporting Canadians aged 18-39 to become business owners with loan financing, mentoring and business resources. Our experts are here to answer your questions and put you on the path to success.